UK Visa Partners are experts on Investment immigration after years of experience. We have successfully helped wealthy investors from Russia, Japan, the US, Canada, China, Malaysia and many other countries obtain Tier 1 (Investor) visas via various routes. We keep track of the ever-changing immigration rules, and carry out our job with absolute seriousness.
If you and your family are interested in applying for this but do not know where to start, please do not panic. We will briefly outline the application procedure below:
- Since Chinese banks do not issue letters of proof, you will need to have a bank statement from a British/Hong Kong/US or some other bank, showing that you have been holding at least £2 million (or an equivalent amount in your currency) in your bank account for at least last two years, rather than 90 days, or provide evidence of the source of funds.
- You will need a letter of proof from this bank saying that the money is freely transferable to the UK
- If you only have a bank account in China, then we will open an Internet Banking account for you (either with the Bank of China or Lloyds TSB).
- After that, we will arrange for your Chinese bank to transfer your money to the UK.
- UK banks also must confirm that required checks have been completed before opening an investment account.
- After the money has been in your UK or Hong Kong bank account for two years, we can start making an application in China for your entry clearance
- Once your application gets approved, you will get a 39-month visa
- You must enter the UK within 3 months of collecting your visa
- Once you enter the UK, you will need to invest at least £2,000,000 in gilts or capitals within 3 months. A tightening of the rules regarding investment in companies, do not include investments in government bonds. We will recommend financial advisors to you who can help with your investment.
- You will be required to stay in the UK for at least 180 days to fulfil your visa conditions
Your partner and your children below the age of 18 can apply as your dependents to stay with you in the UK. Your children can receive free public education in your residential area. If you prefer to send them to private schools, you may do so at your own expense. You and your family will be entitled to free NHS health care, but you can always purchase private medical insurance if that is what you prefer.
During your initial 3 years on a Tier 1 (Investor) visa, we will keep a close eye on your circumstances and will inform you of any amendments to the immigration rules that might affect you. We will further assist you on your application for extension when the time comes. We suggest that you work with the same immigration law firm for the entire 5-year period before you obtain Indefinite Leave to Remain. This is because the law firm will have grasped a complete understanding of your circumstances by the time you need an extension of leave. At the same time, you will have had positive experience of visa approvals with your chosen company, which will give rise to mutual trust and familiarity. If you choose to switch representatives before your visa extension, that would mean a start from scratch, which would bring unnecessary risk and burden to your application. This is the reason why most of our clients choose to stick with us for the entire 5-year period until they get Indefinite Leave to Remain.
When our clients have officially appointed us, we will help them bridge the gap between them and a visa, for example, filling in online application forms and checking all the documents and data with which they have provided us. Where there are areas of insufficiency in content, we will ask our clients to supply us with the necessary ones. We will also write a letter of legal representation that is tailored to different customers, and submit that along with a complete application to the British Consulate-General in your country.
Once it has been submitted, we will be in contact with the Consulate-General to ensure that your application is reviewed appropriately. Applications are sometimes sent to the Home Office for review. We will remain in touch with the responsible caseworker who will also discuss with us any uncertainty they may have.
In general, it takes between 4 to 8 weeks from the date the Consulate-General receives your application. If your application is complex or if further documents are needed, then it might exceed that timescale.
If your family and you are interested in investment migration and you would like to apply through us, then we would be extremely grateful if you could provide us with the following documents:
- Copies of your passport (and those of your family’s)
- Bank statements showing you have £2 million in savings
- Your income portfolio, for example, the name of your company, address, company description, your post and your annual salary etc
Different customers have different requirements, and some may not be willing to disclose confidential documents. Therefore, we strongly advice our clients to let us know what they want, what they cannot disclose, and what we should pay special attention to, before we hit the ground running. This would then allow us to do our job efficiently and properly.
Our immigration lawyers can speak Mandarin, English, Cantonese and Malay fluently. If you decide to apply through us, we will communicate with you in your preferred language.
We sincerely hope that the information above has helped you understand more about investment immigration and the services we offer.