This category concerns professional sportspersons from outside the EEA, who are internationally established at the highest level and want to come to the UK to do their sport. They must obtain a Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) from a sporting body who has got a valid Tier 2 (Sportsperson) sponsor license. The sponsor must confirm that the applicant’s employment will develop him at the highest level. The applicant will also have to meet the English language requirement by being able to communicate at a basic level.

Same as Tier 2 (Minister of Religion) visa holders, you will be allowed to do a second job in the UK in almost any sector, so long as it does not interfere with your sporting job.

This visa will lead to settlement after you have spent 5 continuous years on it and you can only stay in the UK on this visa for a maximum of 6 years.

If you need further information on Tier 2 (Sportsperson) visas, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us on +44 (0)20 7253 6888 by phone or by e-mail.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Add Comment *

Name *

Email *