This category is for early-stage but high potential entrepreneurs starting a business in the UK for the first time.
1. English language requirement
- Passing an approved English language test with at least CEFR B2 level (equivalent to IELTS 5.5 – 6).
2. Very little investment funds required
- Applicants do not need any funds to invest in their business at this stage, and must not have previously set up a business in the UK. However an applicant must show they have at least £945 of available funds, plus £630 funds for each dependent.
3. Innovative viable and scalable business idea
- Applicants will have an innovative viable and scalable business idea which is supported by an endorsing body.
- During the granted period of leave applicants will spend the majority of their time developing their businesses but can also take on other work outside of their businesses, to support themselves.
- Successful applicants are granted leave for 2 year, and switch into Innovator category to extend their stay and develop their businesses in the UK.
4. Short waiting time
- You will get a decision within 30 working days.
- If your documents are complete, it could take as quick as one month.