Applying for settlement via the 10-year route is a popular option for migrant students or workers or those who have been legally resident in the UK for over 10 years. The 10-year period starts from the applicant’s date of initial entry into the UK. After that, the applicant must have held valid visas for a continuous period of 10 years.

The 10-year continuous period must not have any ‘breaks’ in residence before and after visa extensions

[av_heading heading=’Important’ tag=’h3′ color=’meta-heading’ custom_font=” style=” size=” subheading_active=” subheading_size=’15’ padding=’10’][/av_heading]

  1. Applicant must not have a ‘gap’ of more than 28 days in between visas
  2. Time spent on a Tier 1 (PSW) visa can be included for the 10-year route but can’t be included for the 5-year route
  3. 10-year settlement applications take the Home Office longer to process, hence why it is only possible to apply by post for now. Applicant may apply 28 days before completing the 10-year residency period.
  4. Dependents cannot apply for settlement in line with the main applicant. If dependents have lived in the UK legally for 10 years as well, they need to apply separately.
  5. Applicant must not have been absent from the UK for over 540 days

More often than not, applicants face 2 common issues; either they have one or more ‘gaps’ in residence, or their time spent outside the UK exceeds the maximum that is allowed. Speaking from our approved cases, if an applicant can provide valid documents in line with the Home Office requirements to prove the inevitability of breaking their residence, the chance of being refused will fall dramatically.

Other than that, most applicants are unfamiliar with the immigration rules. They are often unsure of their eligibility for settlement because they forget if they have had any ‘gaps’ in the past 10 years. Therefore, once they have appointed us as their legal representative, we will assist them in confirming that by making a Subject Access Request (SAR) to the Home Office, which contains all details of the applicant’s immigration history.

UK Visa Partners have been running immigration services for a number of years, and we are dedicated to giving our customers the peace of mind and freeing them of any hassle before getting their visa decisions.

For further information on Indefinite Leave to Remain, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us on +44 (0)20 7253 6888 by phone or by e-mail.


[av_heading heading=’注意事项’ tag=’h3′ color=’meta-heading’ custom_font=” style=” size=” subheading_active=” subheading_size=’15’ padding=’10’][/av_heading]

  1. 申请人10年签证期间里的GAP不能多于28天。
  2. PSW签证可以计算在10年有效签证的时间内,但不计算在5年工作签证永居申请的时间内;
  3. 十年永居申请因为资料审查时间长,内政部只提供递签的服务。 内政部不接受面签。 ,申请人可以提前28天递交申请;
  4. 十年永居签证只接受申请人单独申请,伴侣不能同时申请。如果伴侣也有了十年永居的资格,那么两人是分开申请的;
  5. 十年永居签证申请规定申请人十年内总离境时间不可以超过 540 天。

[av_heading heading=’一般常见的问题’ tag=’h3′ color=’meta-heading’ custom_font=” style=” size=” subheading_active=” subheading_size=’15’ padding=’10’][/av_heading]

十年永居申请问题多数是因为十年期间签证存在一个或者多个GAP,或者是申请人的离境时间超过了规定的时间等。根据我们的成功案例,如果申请人可以提供有效的证明文件,并能提供内政部接受的合理解释,这将有助于降低拒签率。我们有超过7年专业处理这类行申请, 超过百件成功案例。

另外,由于许多申请人对英国签证的政策不很熟悉,所以不知道/忘记自己到底有没有GAP,有没有申请永居的资格。对此,我公司推出一项服务:在申请人正式委托我们为其代表后,我们会代表申请人向英国内政部 (Home Office) 索取关于申请人自第一次进入英国至今的所有英国内政部掌握的详细资料备档,这样更加便于确认申请人是否具有提交申请的资格。

欲想了解更多的资料,请不要犹豫,立即与我们联系 。 电话: +44 (0) 20 7253 6888 电邮:



  1. 申請者はビザとビザの間に、28日以上間が空かないこと
  2. ホームオフィス(内務省)は10年ルートの永住権申請の審査にとても時間をかけます。そのため、今は郵送サービスで申請する選択肢しかありません。申請者は10年間の滞在を終える28日前から申請できます。
  3. 扶養家族の方は、申請者と共に永住権を申請できません。もし扶養家族の方も10年イギリスに滞在していましたら、別々で申請していただくことになります。
  4. 10年間の滞在の中で、540日間以上はイギリスから出国していないことを証明する必要があります。


その上、10年間も自分の滞在情報などを管理するのはとても難しいです。当社の弁護士にお手伝いをさせていただけましたら、内務省にSubject Access Request (SAR)を申請することができます。そうしますと、内務省から申請者の入国や出国の詳細が送られてきます。

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Add Comment *

Name *

Email *