Skilled Worker visa

The Skilled Worker Visa allows persons to come to or continue their stay in the UK to work on an eligible job with a Home Office approved employer. EU citizen or family members of EU citizens may be able to explore the EU Settlement Scheme before considering the Skilled Worker Visa.

Applicants are to be sponsored by a UK employer that has been approved by the Home Office. Prior to sponsorship, the applicant is to meet few criteria, including:

  • Getting a Certificate of Sponsorship
  • English Language Requirement
  • Made a successful application, with payment of the relevant application fees and Immigration Health Surcharge

Employers who wish to sponsor someone must make an application to get a Sponsorship Licence.

Once a person has been sponsored for 5 years, they may be eligible to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Add Comment *

Name *

Email *